Saturday 30 May 2020

LET YOUR SILENCE DO THE TALKING

LET YOUR SILENCE DO THE TALKING

Things were going great today until I was asked to repark my car. My street is a close and the number of cars parked on the street is exasperating as coming out of your compound is most times a thug of war😝.
Now I have this very impatient neighbour who's always in haste whenever he wants to go out.(most Nigerians are guilty of this)
Knowing the situation on ground, I expected him to chill a bit while I drive out...🀷🏽‍♀
But he was following me back to back. I had no space to navigate. I hooted severally this guy did not hear me because his windows are all up. This continued until he hit my car. Hmmm! If na you WETIN u go do???

The only word this guy muttered was "we will sort ourself out when I return"

Hours later, he returned. Guess what?? He never uttered a word about what happened hours ago.

So, I decided to approach him. Guess what he said to me " we both hit each other. You can call the police, I am ready for anything. Don't you ever call me out for something as unimportant as this" what you call damaging my bumper unimportant?

Guess my response after listening to this guy???
ABSOLUTE SILENCE!!!

From his reaction he was shocked,confused,guilty and uncomfortable.

Sometimes let your silence do the talking. I was hurt quite alright but I needed to invest my energy on other productive things.

This lockdown,isolation,quarantine has thought me a whole lot. Oh how i remember the book of Ecclesiastes 2:21 For a person may labor with wisdom, knowledge and skill, and then they must leave all they own to another who has not toiled for it. This too is meaningless and a great misfortune. Thank God I still live, car can always be fixed but the dead cannot be fixed.

We all are strangers here on Earth, never forget this in a hurry.

I repeat sometimes let your silence do the talking πŸ˜‰

Adanne Chukwudi Udejiofor

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO TALENT IS A WASTE

Adanne Chukwudi Udejiofor EVERYDAY I am struck with new ideas. So I capture them and then I curate them put them into writing so...