Thursday 12 March 2020

DO NOT LET ANYONE RUSH YOU WITH THEIR TIMELINES


DO NOT LET ANYONE RUSH YOU WITH THEIR TIMELINES



There are people I know who never went to the university but found what they love at age 18. I know people who graduated at age 21 and didn’t get a job up until age 27. And then people who graduated late at 25 and they found job immediately. I know people who found a job straight out of the university and are making decent money but they are not happy with what they do. I Know people who took gap years and found their purpose. It took me 7 years after graduation to find my purpose. All I did after graduation was submitting CVs to companies because I felt that was the right thing to do just because others were doing it.




I know people who were so certain about what they were going to do at 17, but changed their mind at age 28.  I know people who have children but are single and I know people who are married but had to wait 8-10 years to have children. I know people in relationships who love someone else. I know people who love each other but are not together. Life stories goes on.



So my point exactly is everything in life happens according to our time, our clock. You may look at some of your friends and family members and think that they are ahead of you or perhaps some of them you feel are behind, but everything happens at their own pace. Do not compete with people. Your only competition is you. People have their own time and clock and so do you. Be patient.



Jack Ma started Alibaba when he was 35. Ortega launched Zara when he was 39. At age 25, Mark Cuban was a bartender at in Dallas. It took J.K.Rowling up until 32 to be published for Harry Potter after being rejected by 12 publishers. Morgan Freeman got his break at 52.  Steve Carell only got his break after 40 years old. Richard Branson established Virgin at 34.



Getting your degree after 30 is still an achievement. Not being married at 34 but still happy is beautiful. Starting a family after 36 is still possible. And buying a house after 40 is still awesome. DO NOT LET ANYONE RUSH YOU with their timelines. Because as Einstein said

Text Box: “Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that is counted truly counts.”




















And this is the most important thing, I want you to be able to create something meaningful, purposeful, fulfilling lives for yourselves. And learn how to use that to make a difference and an impact in the lives of others. That to me will be true success.

www.adannechukwudi.blogspot.com
www.amazon.com/author/adannechukwudiudejiofor
www.mnacworld.com.ng

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO TALENT IS A WASTE

Adanne Chukwudi Udejiofor EVERYDAY I am struck with new ideas. So I capture them and then I curate them put them into writing so...